A well-ventilated attic has undereave or soffit vents, which allow fresh air into the attic. The fresh air flows up between rafters to the ridge, where a ridge vent, roof vents or gable vents allow the air to exit. But if insulation is allowed to bunch against the inside slope of the roof between the rafters, air will be blocked before it can traverse the attic. RAFT-R-MATE® attic rafter vents create a space between each rafter for air to flow freely up the rafters and into the attic.
Owens Corning RAFT-R-MATE Attic Rafter Vents:
- Assist in the constant flow of fresh air from soffit vent to attic.
- Aid in greatly increasing attic ventilation in all seasons for comfort and prevention of roof damage.
- Are made of extruded polystyrene so theyll stay in place over time and will not rot or deteriorate.
- Feature excellent break-resistance and lightweight rigidity for ease of installation.
- Fit 24" rafters or snap in half for 16" or 12" rafter spacing.
Size: 22 1/2" x 48"
Net Free Area: 25.5 sq. inches (full piece);
12.75 sq.inches (when split)
Locate a Dealer
You can also click here to determine the proper ventilation for your home.